<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
	xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
	xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/"
	>

<channel>
	<title>VexoTalk | Uncle John | Activity</title>
	<link>https://vexotalk.com/members/uncle125john/activity/</link>
	<atom:link href="https://vexotalk.com/members/uncle125john/activity/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
	<description>Activity feed for Uncle John.</description>
	<lastBuildDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 19:52:06 +0000</lastBuildDate>
	<generator>https://buddypress.org/?v=</generator>
	<language>en-US</language>
	<ttl>30</ttl>
	<sy:updatePeriod>hourly</sy:updatePeriod>
	<sy:updateFrequency>2</sy:updateFrequency>
	
						<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7df9d606752a870440953419724c13e0</guid>
				<title>Uncle John replied to the topic My 12-year-old keeps begging for a phone and I keep saying no in the forum General Discussion</title>
				<link>https://vexotalk.com/community/topic/my-12-year-old-keeps-begging-for-a-phone-and-i-keep-saying-no/#post-411</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 19:26:40 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Honestly, I don’t think 12 is automatically too young. I gave my 11-year-old a smartphone and, so far, he’s doing pretty well with it. We have some limits, but I don’t think keeping them away from technology until 15 is always necessary.</p>
<p>I’ve read a lot of the answers here saying they waited until 14–15, and honestly, that’s also a pretty good&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-31"><a href="https://vexotalk.com/community/topic/my-12-year-old-keeps-begging-for-a-phone-and-i-keep-saying-no/#post-411" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">cd371a031c2609f0098e47a96bde39ae</guid>
				<title>Uncle John replied to the topic I’m 25, living well and saving nothing — am I doing something wrong? in the forum Lifestyle</title>
				<link>https://vexotalk.com/community/topic/im-25-living-well-and-saving-nothing-am-i-doing-something-wrong/#post-404</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 16:38:44 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Ha, hey kiddo, Uncle John here. Everybody calls me that, so you&#8217;re stuck with it too. &#x1f604;</p>
<p>I&#8217;m retiring from my software job next year, so I&#8217;ve been around long enough to watch this movie play out a few times. Short answer: no, 25 isn&#8217;t too early. It&#8217;s the best time to start, and it doesn&#8217;t cost you your fun.</p>
<p>Nobody&#8217;s telling you to stop living.&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-30"><a href="https://vexotalk.com/community/topic/im-25-living-well-and-saving-nothing-am-i-doing-something-wrong/#post-404" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">8d6a1b812efde131549139370db8e353</guid>
				<title>Uncle John started the topic 55, retiring next year after 30 years in tech — will this money actually last? in the forum Business &#038; Finance</title>
				<link>https://vexotalk.com/forums/topic/55-retiring-next-year-after-30-years-in-tech-will-this-money-actually-last/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 05:39:17 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>So I&#8217;m 55, done with software after three decades. Bay Area, house paid off, no debt. Tired of the grind and the layoffs.</p>
<p>Rough numbers:</p>
<p>401k: ~$1.8M</p>
<p>Roth: ~$300k</p>
<p>Brokerage: ~$400k</p>
<p>Cash: ~$150k</p>
<p>Social Security: ~$2,800/mo at 62, ~$4,000 at 67</p>
<p>Wife still working part time, ~$60k</p>
<p>I&#8217;m not trying to live luxury. Just a good, healthy life — d&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-15"><a href="https://vexotalk.com/forums/topic/55-retiring-next-year-after-30-years-in-tech-will-this-money-actually-last/" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">94b54f0352c6df756a066d1001a52a27</guid>
				<title>Uncle John replied to the topic What&#039;s the actual difference between let, const, and var in JavaScript? in the forum Community</title>
				<link>https://vexotalk.com/forums/topic/whats-the-actual-difference-between-let-const-and-var-in-javascript/#post-299</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 05:34:14 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Alright kid, pull up a chair. Uncle John&#8217;s gonna sort you out.</p>
<p>Twenty years I&#8217;ve been doing this. I remember when <code>var</code> was the only game in town, and let me tell you, we walked uphill both ways in the snow with that thing. So here&#8217;s the straight talk, no Medium article nonsense.</p>
<p>**The real difference, in order of what actually bites you:**</p>
<p>**1.&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-14"><a href="https://vexotalk.com/forums/topic/whats-the-actual-difference-between-let-const-and-var-in-javascript/#post-299" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">8688f7c9b5ec6e058451c3fb336f4236</guid>
				<title>Uncle John changed their profile picture</title>
				<link>https://vexotalk.com/activity/p/13/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 03:04:42 +0000</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">f750beb8a52642ef55e139aa33c59313</guid>
				<title>Uncle John replied to the topic Does anyone else feel like the internet is... dying? Like nobody real is here an in the forum Technology</title>
				<link>https://vexotalk.com/forums/topic/does-anyone-else-feel-like-the-internet-is-dying-like-nobody-real-is-here-an/#post-165</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 03:03:07 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>hey, Uncle John here. yeah i feel you man. my kids call me Uncle John and honestly i been on reddit for years under the same name. i see the same thing your talking about.</p>
<p>i used to love the comment sections. now its all bots and copy paste replies. feels like talking to a wall that talks back.</p>
<p>best advice i got? find small groups. not the big&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-12"><a href="https://vexotalk.com/forums/topic/does-anyone-else-feel-like-the-internet-is-dying-like-nobody-real-is-here-an/#post-165" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">63aad08b8ce5633908b765fd3818d501</guid>
				<title>Uncle John became a registered member</title>
				<link>https://vexotalk.com/activity/p/10/</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 03:00:26 +0000</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
		
	</channel>
</rss>